This is a tl;dr version of Wabi ecosystem intro blog post
What is WABI?
Wabi connects Brands and Consumers, enabling a seamless and fair exchange of value. It is the fuel of underlying Taeltech Ecosystem.
Consumers take advantage of tools designed to better inform consumption choices and are incentivized with Wabi points. They redeem the points at a dedicated Marketplace for thousands of quality products.
Brands leverage Wabi to obtain unique insights on consumer behavior driving superior marketing and strategic decisions. Furthermore, the Brands incentivize users with Wabi to generate new data, enabling agile hypothesis testing and iteration.
Effectively, Wabi taps into corporate marketing budgets ($1.6 – $1.9 trillion annually), making marketing a lot more efficient for participating Brands.
What is WABI tokenomics?
With growth of the ecosystem the circulating supply is reduced. For every point issued to consumers one Wabi get taken out of the circulation. As of 16 November 2020, over 3,000,000 Wabi have been locked out of circulation with growth of the Wabi ecosystem. You can track the daily stats at www.wabi.io
Where is WABI traded?
What are latest WABI news?
Who Are the Founders of WABI?
Company was founded in 2013 by Alex Busarov and Yaz Belinskiy. The two founders first met in high school and after studying at the London School of Economics pursued careers in consulting at McKinsey and Bain respectively. Having worked on several important cases in the Consumer Goods industry, the two became convinced that there should be a more effective way to do marketing and that the inefficiencies in the FMCG industry that often resulted in public health risk were completely solvable with technology and determination.
What makes WABI Unique
Full scope Agile Marketing Platform (Taeltech)
- For Consumer Brands, Wabi and Taeltech Ecosystem offer a comprehensive platform for Agile Marketing, enabling rapid data collection, hypothesis formulation, testing, and diagnostics.
- Wabi disrupts the way that new product development and marketing campaigns are done in FMCG and other industries by cutting down the idea-to-market feedback cycle from months to days.
Consumer Packaged Products Database and Scanning utility
Wabi team created one of the most comprehensive databases of packaged consumer products in the world. By scanning a barcode typically available on the outside packaging of everyday products, consumers are rewarded with Wabi and can immediately see:
- The Ingredients safety analysis
- Information on Nutritional Value (for food items)
- Manufacturer's business reputation and credibility
- Product Ratings, Reviews and Recommendations
In exchange, the Ecosystem obtains a 360 degrees overview of a particular consumer's shopping habits and preferences, cutting across the shopping channels. Such insight into consumer behaviour is invaluable for researchers and marketeers. Wabi ecosystem is one of the very few providers of such data globally.
- Wabi team built a Marketplace where consumers can redeem the tokens that they accumulated from various interactions in the Wabi ecosystem. There are currently thousands of products shipping directly to consumers from Europe, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
- The Marketplace enables brands and manufacturers to list their products and access the 1 billion strong China market. Moreover, the Marketplace is equipped with the full suite of behavioral diagnostic tools that make it an excellent testing ground for brands wishing to enter the market or contemplating new product launches.
WABI has different kinds of partnerships: Product, Logistics, Brand, and Merchant partnerships, and it’s important do understand the role of each kind.
Product Partnerships expand the number of products available on the WABI marketplace through direct agreements with brands and distributors. Product partnerships within the WABI ecosystem include Nestle, Nature’s Care, SmileMakers, and more.
WABI uses an international infrastructure network to provide users and partners with quality products. Logistics Partnerships include Send2China and PCA Express.
Brands, distributors, and retailers interact with WABI to improve the distribution and marketability of existing products through their usual sales channels. From these partnerships, consumers can verify product authenticity and share insights to earn WABI rewards. Current partners include SmileMakers and New Zealand Cherry Corp.
Merchant partnerships use the merchants’ sales channels to drive WABI use-case. These are partners that have integrated the WABI loyalty scheme and have made a dedicated push to reward consumers shopping on their platform. Current merchant partners include Rakuten (one of the top e-commerce companies globally) and Odakyu (iconic department store at Tokyo’s Shinjuku station, the busiest metro station in the world). Merchant partnerships provide WABI with a range of promotional opportunities in prime locations across their platform, allowing WABI to rapidly grow user base through integrations with some of the largest brands, retailers, and e-commerce platforms in the world. For more information on this, refer to Odakyu partnership announcement.